VARA RACE ENTRY PROCEDURE
Race Entry Fees
Vermont Cup (U21, U19, Sr, U16) Races
SL: $65 GS: $65 Super G: $75
2 Super G: Site Specific ($95 would be a suggestion)
U16-U21 Scored Racing(Vermont Cups, GTS etc) More info below...
- Participants are responsible for entering races based on the guidelines set forth for the race by the site. Most entries will be required online through AdminSkiRacing however some sites may allow coach lists. Either way is the participants' responsibility to register and make payments (unless your coach has made other arrangements).
Open Races - entries and announcements can be found on the VARA Calendar or on the Featured Clubs list on the homepage.
VARA Race Entry Procedure Guidelines: please link to the Race Administrators page
VARA member race administrator’s and Race Organizing Committees are responsible to ensure that all host site’s required on hill volunteers, officials, and staff are current members of VARA and USSA or that volunteers have followed proper protocol (filed proper paperwork) for race day.
VARA member race administrator’s and Race Organizing Committees are responsible to ensure that all race participant entries and coaches are current members of VARA and USSA.
- If race participant membership is not current for USSA, follow USSA membership procedures on site, if applicable, otherwise race entry is not allowed.
- If VARA Membership is not current they may join the day of, on-site, online.
- VARA club affiliated coaches MUST be USSA and VARA Members in order to have on-hill privileges. Coaches will need to show proof of membership if RA’s have not already confirmed proper memberships.
VARA race administrators need to have current VARA and USSA Memberships.
Please visit USSA East officials’ page for more information.
- All on-line prepaid entries are considered registered entries will be reserved on start lists.
- Coach-athlete lists and or emailed entries are up to the discretion of the host site however these lists are NOT considered as registered until payment is made. VARA does not recommend accepting non paid entry lists. Payment by Check is at the discretion of the Race site, VARA recommends online race registration.
- Host sites MUST post all race registration procedures and exceptions on the race announcement that will be posted on the VARA website
Entry Deadlines: Suggested approx. 48 hours before the race; you could still accept entries after this date to fill the race and add late entries to a wait-list if the race is already full. Make sure athletes know that they are on a wait-list.
Refunds: Any pull after the deadline is not entitled to a refund. Any refunds after the deadline are issued solely at the discretion of the Race Organizer.
VARA Team: VARA Team Athletes are comped for race entries for VARA/USSA events. The AdminSkiRacing online registration will allow VARA Team members to register without payment. Your race entry procedure for VARA team members for your events should be made clear on the race announcement.
Coaches Lists: Coaches list entries are NOT considered paid entries. Clubs that submit an entry list and have DNS are expected to pay for that entry that did not show, unless there is a valid, verifiable reason. Competitors will be official entries once they have paid online. The race sites have the right to bill clubs for no shows and it is expected that payment will be submitted. A no show is easily avoided by making a phone call or sending an email to the host site.
Setters and Officials: Setters and Officials (refs) should be selected and notified up to three days before the team captains meeting before the event.
For all VARA scored races, current VARA Members have priority over out of state entries. This means a race can fill with VARA Members only, and out of state entries will have to be turned away. If hosting a Vermont Cup (VC) and the race is filling up before the deadline; order of priority is as follows VT racers (U21, 18 SR,) U16, Out of state. So if you are pulling b/c the race is full then pull in reverse order, out of state, U16 ....