Welcome VARA Coach!
NOTE: When doing your coach online VARA registration or renewal you need to fill out "primary guardian" information. You NEED to enter your name and info in the fields. Please be sure to fill in this section. Please do not use N/A. Coach Registration fee is $70, after Oct 15 there is a $10 late fee. Thanks! Have a great winter.
Registered VARA members agree to the VARA Code of Conduct - Link
VARA RACE Fees:
SL/GS - $65
SG - $75 2 events in 1 day - $95 suggested
COACH REGISTRATION [link here]
VARA Coach Fee - $70 (Aft. Oct 15 - $10 late fee)
VARA Jr Coach Fee - $70 YOB 2001-2002 (16-17-year-old) (Aft oct 15 $10 late fee)
Alpine Official Reviews and Update [Link Here]
US Ski and Snowboard have established the following protocol for “junior coaches”.
- Clubs may employ individuals under the age of 18 in a variety of capacities, including as a “junior” coach. In these instances, clubs must require that junior coaches working with minors do so under the direct supervision of an adult who is registered in one of the above member categories with U.S. Ski & Snowboard. The junior coach must also register as a general or athlete member of U.S. Ski & Snowboard.
- Junior coaches can complete a Level 100 Coach Certification program for educational purposes. However, they will not be listed as a certified coach or able to register a coach membership until they turn 18 years of age and are eligible for criminal background screening.
The protocol is part of the Club Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policies which should be distributed very soon. We just received SafeSport’s version about two weeks ago. We’re meeting to finalize our draft this week and will hopefully have that out in the next couple of weeks.
Coaches will want to register ASAP. SafeSport Training takes approximately 90 minutes or so. The SafeSport course instructions are sent to each coach after they register for membership. There was a code an individual could use before however, that has been discontinued.
Background screening frequency has moved from every three seasons to every two seasons. So, early registration is key to clubs and event organizers being prepared for the season. Safe Sport and Background screens are a must for Competitors turning 18 in the competition season.
US Ski and Snowboard Membership Contact :
US Ski and Snowboard EAST WEBSITE [USSA EAST]
Eastern Region Staff:
Eastern Region Development Director
Eastern Region Youth Development Coach
Eastern Alpine Administrator
U. S. Ski & Snowboard
PO Box 1720
Rutland, VT 05701
US Ski and Snowboard Eastern Region Handbook
NOTE: When doing your coach online VARA registration or renewal you need to fill out "primary guardian" information. You NEED to enter your name and info in the fields. Please be sure to fill this section in. Please do not use N/A. Coach Registration fee is $70, after Oct 15 there is a $10 late fee. Thanks! Have a great winter.
US SKI AND SNOWBOARD JR COACH MEMBERSHIP PROTOCOL - Link HERE
As always scroll down the page.
MORE USSA RULES AND INFO
2019 Equipment Guidelines & Resources
MORE IMPORTANT LINKS BELOW!
• Course Setting Specs (20.21)
2022 Equipment Regulations
• 2022 Equipment Regulations
US Ski and Snowboard Eastern Link
• Eastern Handbook
VARA Member COVID Pledge
• VARA Member COVID Pledge
Alpine Development Pipeline
• Alpine Development Pipeline
• USS Skills Quest Link
US Ski & Snowboard Alpine Training System (ATS)
• US Ski and Snowboard ATS
Youth Development Page
• VARA Youth Development Page
Mike Morin Presentation Oct 27 2018
• Mike Morin Presentation PPT and Video Links
VARA Alpine Officials Page
• VARA Alpine Officials Page
USSA ALPINE TRAINING SYSTEM MATRIX LINK
• ATS Matrix Link
Setting Up a Training Environment-Stever Bartlett
• Setting Up a Training Environment-Stever Bartlett
Ankle Strength-Mike Kenney
• Ankle Strength-Mike Kenney